You need to have formulated the perfect answer before class on Monday (24th of March)
Other practices homework:
Central themes of this assignment (following Paper 2, Topic 1 guidelines),
- Nature of 20th century wars
- Technological developments, tactics and strategies, air, land and sea
- Home front: economic and social impact (including changes in the role and status of women)
- Resistance and revolutionary movements
- The role of air power in WWI. Significant use of the technology, how it changed warfare, who had the better technology, one case study battle.
- How technological developments (in weapons) changed the nature of warfare during WWI. Significant use of the technology (i.e. tanks, guns, other weapons), how it changed warfare, who had the better technology, one case study battle.
- How naval warfare was used in WWI. Significant use of the technology, how it changed warfare, who had the better technology, one case study battle.
- The contribution made towards the war effort by civilians on the home front and how WWI affected the role and status of women on the home front
- The economic and social impact of the war on Germany and one other country.
- Effect of Russian Revolution on the course of the war. Black Hand (Thank you Jonah and Luan!)
Develop a TEAC framework
Each team will develop a detailed essay/paragraph plans using 4 x TEAC paragraphs frameworks. Use past exam questions or develop your own hybrid questions based upon past questions. You should also use the markschemes to guide you.
So you will end up with having researched 4 aspects of your topic, and for each of those aspects you have created a TEAC paragraph/essay structure which starts with a clearly opinionated and analytical, thematic (if possible) topic sentence. This will be followed by high quality E & A (or A & E). Finish off with a good conclusion. Base it on past questions or make up your own.
Info on TEAC: http://yesibhistory2015.blogspot.com.au/p/essay-writing.html
Use the resources in the WW1 Google Drive folder and use your textbook
Air > Caitlin + Jasmine
Tech > Seb + Katie
Naval > Jack G + Damon
Women & Homefront > Georgia + Moira
Eco & Social > Sumeyya & Jack
Russ Rev & Terrorists and Resistance > Luan + Jonah